As we all know, the fermentation tank is the core equipment in a microbrewery, Fermentation tanks are an important part of every brewery, from the smallest home brewery setup to the largest commercial brewery enterprise. Although any receptacle could ostensibly be used as a fermenter, the technology used to manufacture these vessels today is state of the art. You could say that a fermenter is where all the magic happens, where the great craft beer born.
The fermentation tank should be the object of key supervision and management, in order to produce high-quality beer. So the fermentation tank should choose the high-quality, stable work ability. In the begaining of the brewery setup, the investor should buy the reliable cellar tanks, even though you will pay more when you buy the good fermentation tank, but it will produce more great beer and earn more profit for you.
YoLong Beer Fermentation Tank with cooling jacket, insulation, and cone-shape bottom. Stainless Steel Fermentation Tank comes complete with top-dished head and custom-fabricated round body.
All welding is done under a controlled protection-gas atmosphere; interior and exterior finishes are perfected, and cooling jackets complete the highest standard YoLong Fermentation Tank/Vessel.
YoLong has been fabricating internationally recognized superior standard stainless steel tanks for over 15 years. We can provide PED and AS1210 certifications for your custom-ordered fermentation vessel that meets the government requirements in your country anywhere in the world.
Standard beer fermentation tank
- Capacity available from 1/2 bbl, 5bbl, 10bbl, 20bbl, 30bbl fermenter to 200bbl
- SS 304 construction
- Top dished head with pressure vacuum relief valve
- Top manway or side shadowless manhole
- Dry Hopping port with cap
- Sanitary rotary spray ball
- PU foam insulated
- Cooling jacket on cylinder and cone bottom
- The optional jacket for hot water heating in cold area to ensure good fermentation
- Side CIP arm assembly with bung valve and pressure gauge
- Sanitary thermowell
- Sample Valves
- Cone racking arm
- 60 degree to 90 degree cone bottom
- Bottom discharge
- Four legs adjustable feet, optional for anti-seismic
- Internal shell: 2B, External Shell polished #4
- Available pressure certificates of PED for 2014/68/EU, AS1210 etc
Custom Beer Fermenter
How to plan ahead the brewery fermentation tanks for your brewery?
We have 3 Suggestions for plan ahead the brewery fermentation tanks,our suggestion is that start based on your own room space, the beer output of your sales need, and reserve the location of the fermenter for future expansion.
you need to choose the volume of the fermenter according to the output of the Brewhouse. You can choose single, double, or even multiple times the volume of the Brewhouse output. Of course, this depends on the brewing efficiency of your brewhouse.
you need to arrange each fermentation reasonably according to the output plan. The work schedule of the tank, the cleaning cycle, is their work efficiency at its best, because its operating efficiency is directly related to the speed of your profit return.
As your business continues to expand, you may find that existing fermentation tanks The number is not enough, but the space has been fully utilized, so when building the cellar room in the first time, some fermenters with multiple volumes should be selected, so that ir can reserve space for the subsequent expansion of production capacity. If you want to bigger output, you can choose the unitank act the function of fermenter and BBT, so that you can have more space to arrange the fermenter. Before the fermentation tank enters the site, the drainage ditch should be designed.
For countries with many earthquakes, such as Japan, etc., the fixing bolt holes of the fermentation tank legs should also be designed.
Large fermentation tanks
For large fermentation tank, its production process, transportation, installation, etc. are much more cumbersome than small size fermenters. For the manufacturing process, the large-scale fermentation tank production process requires more lifting tools to participate, the processing process is slower, and the welding requirements for workers are higher. For example, the length of a single weld of a large-scale fermentation tank is longer, which requires welding technicians Stay focused over a longer period of time and ensure continuous consistency in the quality of your welds. In addition, more control measures should be taken to control the roughness and deformation. In the process of assembling the inner and outer cylinders, a vehicle-mounted crane should be used for assembly. This requires the skill of the hoisting workers, the command of the ground cooperating personnel, and only skilled cooperation with each other to ensure the perfect combination of the inner and outer cylinders, instead of friction and scratches.
In addition, during the installation process, large-scale fermentation tanks are more complicated than small-scale fermentation tanks. For example, large-scale fermentation tanks are generally set up outdoors, so the weighing ground should be built in advance, and the ground should be built as horizontal as possible. In fact, in the large fermentation tank in place, its feet are special adjustable feet, which allow it to automatically adapt to minor ground irregularities, keeping the bulky fermenter perpendicular to the ground for stability.
The most common choice-conical fermentation tank
Commercial/Industrial Stainless Steel Conical Beer Fermenter is a Modular cylindrically-conical tank consist of a base tank (BT) and expansion accessories (valves, fittings, armatures, tools …) By choosing and using various types of expansion accessories, it is possible to assemble the tank in several configurations that are optimal for the desired part of the production process. Accessories for expansion of the modular cylindrically-conical tanks: manhole, butterfly valve, Sample valve, Safety valve, Venting valve, Thermometer socket, Manometer, Filling level indicator. Scalable Brewing Solutions for Consistent Taste and Greater Yield.
YoLong conical fermenter are designed to promote optimal fermentation of beer
- Made of stainless steel 304
- Standardized dimensions and equipment, or according to individual customer requirements
- Classic design, PU insulation, double stainless steel jacket, water (or glycol) cooling duplicators
- Accurate temperature control and reliable CIP are requirements to ensure a quality finished product
- Fermenters offered with side rotating racking arms or standpipe design plus hop ports.
- An extra tri-clamp fitting can be added for a carbonation stone if desired.
- Cone angles can be changed to suit customer requirements.
- Adjustable pressure valve for controlled fermentation – Overpressure setting mechanism with a glycerine manometer
- PU insulation – polyurethane insulation with thickness according to the size of the tank and the target environment
- Guaranteed inner surface roughness : Ra < 0.8 μm or less (grinded surfaces) / Ra < 0.5 μm or less (polished surfaces), according to customer´s requirement
- Service door (manhole) on the top cone or on cylinder part, according to customer requirements
- Pure-beverage output armature with a butterfly valve for pure beverage (beer, wine, cider) output
- Sample valve – cleanable and sanitizable sampling cock for collection product samples
- Safety valve – double-acting overpressure and vaccum protection safety valve
- Venting valve – Dedicated venting valve for safety draining of the tank and for accurate measuring of current pressure in the tank using manometer (it ensures properly function of the manometer when the shower ball shower is blocked with a foam)
- Thermometer socket – welded socket for inserting of thermosensor or thermometer
- Manometer – It is included in the set of the adjustable pressure valve. Made of stainless steel, with glycerine inside.
- Filling level indicator – Sanitizable glass or plastic pipe for visualisation height level of the beverage product in the tank
YoLong Beer Fermenters
The Best Fermenter for Your Brewery Setup
Whether you have a homebrew setup or produce a million barrels of your beer each year, the transformation of wort into beer is the most crucial stage in the beer making process. YoLong is the ideal place to begin your search for a new fermenter. Our team of experts offer a complete custom service to help you look at product pricing, options, designs, and installations. We will do all the work for you when it comes to choosing the best fermenter for your brewery setup.
The classic fermenter shape used in breweries now has a conical bottom structure. The YoLong team can also offer a complete floor layout and installation service to assist the brewer determine optimal floor space utilization.
Fermenters are very important items when a brewery expansion is being considered. More fermenters = more beer. That’s the beauty about buying a fermenter for beer: you can select one for the most humble homebrew setup or buy twenty fermenter vessels for a multimillion dollar expansion.
Interested in learning more about Brewing Systems including additional details and pricing information? Please use the form below to contact us!