Beer bread is very delicious indeed. The texture of the beer bread is soft, and the aroma of the beer is very rich. With the wheat flavor of the flour, the flavor is unique. Beer bread is fermented by direct method. It is not necessary to prepare the starter one night in advance, which is short-lived and suitable for friends who do not have enough time or forgot about their previous plans. Today we’ll teach you how to make beer bread (and we’re hoping you’ll like it).
Feel free to use measuring spoon & cup
- High-gluten flour 383g
- Whole wheat flour 28g
- Sugar 14g
- Salt 8g (fine salt is best halved)
- Beer 255g
- Quick-drying yeast 4g
Beer Bread Practice
- Knead into dough: In addition to salt and flour, all other ingredients should be mixed and stirred at a low speed for 1 minute with a blender until the flour is sufficiently wet and roughly shaped. Put the dough in the bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it stand for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the salt and stir with a blender for additional 7 minutes at medium speed. If the dough can’t get out of the tank wall add some flour. The final dough will be very smooth and elastic. If it is still very sticky add a little flour . If the dough is too hard add some water until it’s softer.
- Fermentation: Pour oil into the container, put in the dough and seal the plastic wrap.
Wait until the dough is fermented (2 times the normal height). It takes about 1.5-2 hours (ideal temperature is 24-27 °C).
- Shaping: The dough is buckled on a workbench with a little flour, gently flattened, rolled into a ball or shaped into other shapes.
- Last fermentation: Fermentation until the volume is almost doubled. It will take about 1-1.5 hours. After the fermentation is complete, gently press the dough with your fingertips.
- Oven preheating: Preheat the oven to 232 °C 1 hour in advance – This step should be carried out simultaneously at the end of the fermentation.
- Final: Powdering and dicing the fermented dough.
- Baking: Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then drop the temperature to 204 ° C and continue to bake for 30-40 minutes until the bread turns golden brown.
- Cooling: The baked bread should be left to cool for a while and then sliced. Warning: It’s very hot so don’t touch with bare hands.
- This bread requires the use of slate (accumulated heat) and baking stones (making steam).
- The sugar in the raw materials can be replaced with saccharified malt powder or maltose syrup with the same amount = 1 tbp.
- Beer has foam in it so the volume is difficult to measure. Therefore it’s the best to use the weighing method for measurement.
- Because the dark beer is darker (duh!), adding honey will make the color deeper.
- Choose home craft beer. Those are the best 🙂
The dough ingredients of this recipe:
- Flour 100% (high-gluten flour 92.7%, whole wheat flour 7.3%)
- Water 57.2%
- Yeast 1%
- Salt 2%
Congrats! The beer bread is ready, and you’ll have something nice to eat today. Finally! 😉