How to buying a specific piece of brewing equipment
/Update August 9, 2022 / By YoLong Brewtech
If you’re looking to get into beer brewing business, choosing the right brewery equipment is key. The last thing you want is a set of brewing equipment that doesn’t work well and makes your brewing process more difficult than it needs to be. Here we’ll look at some of the most popular pieces of brewing equipment on the market today, as well as how they can help improve your beer-making experience!
Step 1. Choose The Best Brewing Equipment Supplier In advance
The equipment should make you beer taste better. When it comes time to buy your brewery equipment, First, you will make sure that you are able to get the best value for your money. You need to ensure that the beer brewing equipment you get will help improve the quality of your beer and make it taste better. Different brewery system come in different shapes and sizes. Each type of brewing system can take a variable amount of time to design and build. This means that we need to incorporate the purchase of beer equipment into our production planning form at least 6 months before we plan to open the brewery.
For brewing equipment suppliers. Many suppliers will make the brewing systems to your exact specifications and needs. Likewise, The quality of the brewing equipment and the best user experience is also an important consideration. because you will be using it for a long time. You’re not just buying it once and then throwing it out after a few years; you’ re going to have this equipment for years to come, so don’t skimp on the quality of your purchase!
Choosing the most suitable brewing equipment manufacturer among the many suppliers can be a tedious process. As we mentioned earlier, there are many different styles and configurations of brewhouse establishment, which are related to the layout of the brewery, the design of the brewing system. and the need for the manufacturer to be very proficient in the brewing process and knowledge.
This means that in the case of labor-intensive manufacturing techniques, purchasing is only the beginning of any supplier process. Therefore, choosing several brewery equipment suppliers for comparison is the best way.
Step 2. Choose The Right Size Brewing Equipment
The first question you will face when speaking with a brewing equipment supplier for the first time is: what brewing system should I choose? we list the differences and setup cost for three different types of breweries Here.
You need a clear understanding of your brewery size and production goals. This may seem obvious to established businesses, but new businesses often overlook the importance of these areas in purchasing the right brewing system for their current and future needs.
A brewery’s annual production is calculated by using this formula: (brewhouse size) x (number of brews per week) x (50 weeks per year) = annual production
In a small Nano brewery system;
- A 5 BBL system x 2 brews a week x 50 weeks = 500 BBLannually
- A 5 BBLsystem x 3 brews a week x 50 weeks = 750 BBL annually
In a Medium Micro brewery system;;
- A 10 BBL system x 3brews a week x 50 weeks = 1500 BBL annually
- A 10 BBLsystem x 6 brews a week x 50 weeks = 3000 BBL annually
In a large commercial brewery system;;
- A 30 BBL system x 10brews a week x 50 weeks = 15000 BBL annually
- A 30 BBLsystem x 15 brews a week x 50 weeks = 22500 BBL annually
Once you know your target production volume, we can then determine the brewery’s design maximum production efficiency based on production volume.
For example, Nano breweries or brewpub systems are typically between 2 – 5 BBL and produce 200 – 750 barrels per year.
On a commercial brewing scale, a complete production brewing system would be 20 BBL or larger with a capacity to produce over than 10,000 and more barrels per year.
Different brewing systems represent different stages of development of a brewery. Therefore, when designing a brewing system, we need to ensure that the purchased brewing system needs to meet the development needs of at least the next 5-10 years, and qualified suppliers should be provide you with a variety of suggestions and configurations within your budget. Learn more about how to choose the brew system requirements thought YoLong Project engineer in advance here.
ARE YOU HAVE BREWING QUESTIONS?
WE CAN HELP!
Step 3. Investing For Your Brewing Business ROI
Every investment is related to a person or group of people, and the same is true for the beer brewing business, so it is very important to choose the right equipment supplier and the right brewing equipment. The brewing equipment cost is an important factor in our return on investment (ROI) calculation. So, how much should we invest in brewing equipment?
The price of a brewing equipment depends on a variety of factors, like:
- Select several equipment suppliers for comparison (Refer to Step: 1);
- Determine the size of the equipment according to production goal (Refer to Step:2);
- Whether the equipment manufacturer can give enough technical support:It is important to consider the quality of the technical support provided by the manufacturer. This includes the availability of technical support staff, their knowledge and expertise, and the responsiveness of the manufacturer to support requests.
Some manufacturers may offer technical support through phone or email, while others may provide on-site support. It is important to choose a manufacturer that provides technical support in a way that suits your needs and requirements.
Another factor to consider is the warranty offered by the manufacturer. A good warranty can provide peace of mind and protect against unexpected repair costs. It is important to carefully review the warranty offered by the manufacturer and ensure that it covers any potential issues that may arise.
In summary, selecting a brewing equipment manufacturer that offers comprehensive and quality technical support can have a significant impact on the performance and long-term cost of ownership of the equipment. It is essential to carefully consider the level and quality of technical support provided by the manufacturer when selecting brewing equipment to ensure that the equipment is properly installed, maintained, and performs as expected.
- Materials used in the manufacturing process:The materials used in the manufacturing process of brewing equipment can have a significant impact on the price of the equipment. Brewing equipment can be made from a variety of materials, including stainless steel, copper, aluminum, and plastic.
Stainless steel is one of the most common materials used in brewing equipment due to its durability, corrosion resistance, and ease of cleaning. It is also more expensive than other materials, which can increase the price of brewing equipment.
Copper is another popular material for brewing equipment due to its excellent heat conductivity. However, it is also more expensive than stainless steel and can be more difficult to clean and maintain.
Aluminum is a more affordable alternative to stainless steel and copper, but it is not as durable and can react with certain chemicals in the brewing process, which can affect the flavor of the beer.
Plastic is the least expensive option for brewing equipment, but it is also the least durable and can be more difficult to clean and maintain. It is often used for homebrewing or small-scale operations.
In addition to materials, other factors that can affect the price of brewing equipment include the size and capacity of the equipment, the level of automation and control, and the brand and reputation of the manufacturer.
- Whether the purchase price of the equipment is within the budget:It’s important to determine a budget before looking for brewing equipment, as there can be a wide range of prices depending on the type of equipment and the quality of the materials used. For example, a small home brewing setup might cost a few hundred dollars, while a large commercial brewing system can cost tens of thousands of dollars or more.
When considering the purchase price of brewing equipment, it’s also important to think about the long-term costs and benefits. A cheaper option may save money in the short term, but could end up costing more in the long term due to lower quality or more frequent repairs. On the other hand, a more expensive option may have a higher upfront cost but provide better quality and require fewer repairs, ultimately saving money in the long run.
In summary, when considering whether the purchase price of brewing equipment is within the budget, it’s important to determine the available budget and consider the long-term costs and benefits of different options.
- Delivery and installation of the entire system:The price of brewing equipment can be affected by several factors, including the delivery and installation of the entire system.
The cost of delivery will depend on the distance between the manufacturer or supplier and the customer’s location. If the customer is located far away, then the delivery cost may be higher due to the transportation expenses involved. Additionally, the size and weight of the equipment can also impact the delivery cost.
The installation cost can vary based on the complexity of the brewing equipment and the amount of work required to set it up properly. Some brewing equipment may require additional components or modifications to the installation site, such as plumbing, electrical wiring, or ventilation systems, which can increase the installation cost.
Overall, delivery and installation costs should be taken into account when considering the total cost of brewing equipment. Customers should ensure that they have a clear understanding of these costs and factor them into their budget before making a purchase decision.
- After sales support:After-sales support can include a range of services and benefits provided by the manufacturer or seller of the brewing equipment after the sale has been completed. This can include things like technical support, maintenance and repair services, replacement parts, training and education, and warranties.
If a manufacturer or seller provides a robust after-sales support program, it can increase the value of the brewing equipment by ensuring that it operates at peak performance and reducing the likelihood of breakdowns or other issues. This can also give buyers more confidence in their purchase and help them feel more comfortable investing in a higher-priced piece of equipment.
On the other hand, if after-sales support is not included or is limited, buyers may be less willing to pay a higher price for the equipment, as they may be concerned about potential repair costs or other issues down the line.
So, it’s important to consider after-sales support when evaluating the overall value and cost of brewing equipment.
Does it look very cumbersome? Any successful investment requires complex communication and calculation. But YoLong Brewtech takes all of the above into account to ensure you get a high ROI. You can contact us here to get all the answers.
Take the time to weigh these costs against the planned business goals. YoLong’s brewing equipment can help you make the right decision. Not the cheapest equipment is the best investment, we need to consider the suppliers‘ design capability, service level, material quality, manufacturing process, delivery and technical after-sale capability of brewing equipment, total life, total capacity and how much profit this capacity will generate in Everything works within maximum productivity. These should give you a clearer idea of what you can afford.
Estimating the cost of brewery equipment
Choose a Best brewery equipment that will improve your brewing experience
Brewing beer is a fun and rewarding hobby, and with the right equipment, it can be even more enjoyable. Choosing the best brewery equipment can make all the difference in the quality of your beer and the ease of your brewing experience. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know to choose the best brewery equipment for your needs, including popular beer styles in your area and the brewing process itself.
Popular Beer Styles in Your Area
The first step to choosing the best brewery equipment is to find out what kind of beer styles are most popular in your area. By doing this, you can make sure that you’re brewing beer that people will enjoy and that you’ll have a market for your beer if you decide to sell it.
- Research local breweries: Look up local breweries and see what kind of beer styles they offer. Take note of which styles are most popular and what makes them stand out.
- Attend beer festivals: Beer festivals are a great way to sample a wide variety of beers and get a sense of what styles are most popular in your area.
- Ask beer enthusiasts: Talk to beer enthusiasts and ask them what their favorite beer styles are. This can give you valuable insights into what people in your area are looking for in a beer.
By doing your research, you can make informed decisions about the equipment you need to brew the most popular beer styles in your area.
The Brewing Process
The brewing process itself isn’t too difficult or complex, but it does require some specialized equipment. Here are the key pieces of equipment you’ll need:
- Brew Kettle: A brew kettle is where you’ll boil your wort, the liquid that will become beer. You’ll need a kettle that’s large enough to hold all of your ingredients and that can be heated to boiling temperature.
- Fermentation Vessel: After boiling your wort, you’ll need to transfer it to a fermentation vessel. This is where the yeast will be added and the beer will ferment. You can use a carboy or a plastic bucket with an airtight lid.
- Hydrometer: A hydrometer is a tool used to measure the specific gravity of your wort. This tells you how much sugar is in the liquid and can help you determine when fermentation is complete.
- Bottling Bucket and Bottles:Once your beer has fermented, you’ll need to transfer it to a bottling bucket and then to individual bottles. You’ll also need caps and a capper.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Supplies: Cleanliness is key to brewing great beer. You’ll need cleaning and sanitizing supplies to ensure that your equipment is free of bacteria and other contaminants. By investing in high-quality equipment and taking care to keep it clean, you can ensure that your brewing process is smooth and that your beer is of the highest quality.
Above all, we hope you can find the perfect brewery equipment for your needs and that it will help make your business success.
Ready to start your brewing business for the next step? Find out what YoLong engineers can do for your brewing system, and get our brewing equipment recommendations here.
ARE YOU HAVE BREWING QUESTIONS?
WE CAN HELP!
BREWING EQUIPMENT CONSULTING
If you are not a professional brewer and are considering making the transition from home brewing to nano brewery, it is a good idea to find a professional brewery consultant to help you through the first 30-90 days.
The Brewery Consultant will:
- 1：Help expand your recipes.
2：Learn how the Nano brewing system works
3：Convince potential clients that you are on the right track.
4：Be your most reliable “brewery problem solver” partner
5：Make your commercial brewery a reality in the near future
if you want to start your own brewing business. My company YoLong has been working on microbrewery & beverage projects since 2004, we can give you any assistance from 0 to turnkey. Check out the professional brewing equipment consulting services we offer.
Interested in learning more about Brewing Systems including additional details and pricing information? Please use the form below to contact us!