Which is better heating way of your mirco-commercial brewery?
Many brewers are very concerned about the heating method of the brewhouse equipment. And for some homebrewers, do not know much about the difference between those heating ways.
Basically, Depending on your size, budget, and goals, there will be a different brewhouse heating option that works best for you. These are the three main options for Brewhouse heating:
- Direct Heat
Meanwhile，Which heating method is best has been the subject of a long-standing debate with the developping of the craft brewing industry. In our insight there’re not a definate answer but just require you understand which one is the most suitable for your purpose:-
Electricity heating: Mainly suit for 1-10BBL brewpubs:-
- The first advantage is the highest energy transforming, since 100% elec power was transformed in to heat energy for the wort / water heating up
- Most cost effective option than steam , gas heating since no any auxiliary equipmeng required and infrastructure investment
- No concerns about carbon monoxide, open flames or explosive gases
- Considerable big power supply on site required, After all a 10BBL kettle will almost cost 50KW, Ideally suit for the 5BBL below brewkit
Direct Fire / Gas heating: Ideal heating way for 5-10BBL microbreweries:-
- The preferredthe caramelization that can occur with gas fired systems
- Avoid the high investment of steam generator also solve the difficult of the power supply requirement on site of the elec heating brewkit
- But probably be a most expensive option in future due to the lowest energy transformation, approx 20-50%
- A few fire fighting infrastructure required,probably need the authority approval from the government
- In some Aera
there’re strick requirement of the emissions, So need to double check with the burner supplier and make sure it meet for the relative standards.
Steam heating: Professional heating ways for commericial breweries:-
- Best processes and quality control, especially for the mashing period,like heating up, heating preservation etc.
- Direct fire heated steam generator recommended, Better energy transformation effifiency and lower cost.
But also be the highest option than others, espeacilly for some aere where have the specific registration of boiler.
Certainly we’re acceptive of the all customization and whis was also we recommended, Reach out to us for understanding what’s the best for you.
EXAMPLES OF TWO DIFFERENT HEATING METHODS BREWING EQUIPMENT
YoLong Brewtech has been engaged in consulting, design and manufacture of professional beer brewing equipment since 2004. And are actively sharing our expertise on more brewing and equipment. If you have any questions or requirements about brewing equipment, you can contact our professional technical engineers to find the answer.
Ready for your Brewing equipment idea? Contact our project engineers!
Interested in learning more about Brewing Systems including additional details and pricing information? Please use the form below to contact us!