Starting a microbrewery isn’t easy. There’s many things we should consider before jumping into this adventure. What sort of equipment you need buy? What are the things that will require most of your attentions? Is there enough market for your products? How it’s like to be part of the beer brewing industry? What is your business model?
As an entrepreneur there are so many things to be cautious about as you probably already know.
We’ll try to do our best in helping you to process of opening a microbrewery and what type of equipment you need.
Step 1: Looking for a workshop
We need to find a workshop to produce your beer. The location of the workshop is very important. Generally, your brewery will need to have a filling workshop, a distribution workshop, a conveyor workshop, a fermentation workshop, a brewing workshop and boiler workshop! The area of the micro brewery could be anything between 600 and 1200 square meters. That’s a lot of space, and in some countries can be very expensive to hire.
Step 2: Choose your microbrewery equipment
The fermenter and brewing system are the most essential elements for brewing beer. Therefore required most of your attention. Some large breweries have a fermenter capacity of several hundred tons or more. Since it’s very likely you’ll be starting small, browse in our brewery products page to get better idea of what you are looking for.
Step 3: Selecting the pulverising system
The raw material pulverising system includes two parts; Malt pulverisation and auxiliary pulverisation. The pulverisation method is further divided into dry pulverization and wet pulverization.
The dry crushing system includes: Selection machines, vacuum cleaners, hoists, crushers, silos and accessories.
(1) Selecting machine: Use a vibrating screen to remove impurities and use a magnet to remove the iron.
(2) Vacuum cleaner: Use a pneumatic dust suction device to absorb and discharge dust and recover the usable powder.
(3) Hoist: Use the bucket or vacuum negative pressure principle to increase the feed supply to the crusher.
(4) Grinder: It is divided into a pair of rolls, three rolls, four rolls, five rolls, six rolls and other models to pulverise raw materials and auxiliary materials.
(5) Tanks: The crushed malt powder or supplemental powder is temporarily stored in the corresponding Tanks as a temporary storage tank for beer saccharification raw materials.
Step 4: The beer brewing saccharification system
The brewing equipment line (other than the beer fermenter) usually refers to the beer brewing saccharification system; The beer saccharification system mainly consists of a saccharification pot, a gelatinisation pot, a filter tank, a boiling pot, a sedimentation tank composition. We sound it sounds complicated and thought you might be interested to watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh9c9mjGTwU
The main part of each pot/slot of Yolong’s saccharification system is made of high quality 304 stainless steel in the highest international standard. Using modern automatic plasma, laser wire cutting and pure argon gas protection welding and other manufacturing techniques, all parts of the pot/slot main body that are in contact with the material, such as wheat bran are mirror-polished and externally polished to ensure our customers are provided with the most advanced technology in the market (high quality and low prices are just the beginning).
Saccharification pot, gelatinisation pot
1. Use high-efficiency Maitreya jacket heat exchange technology, apply scientific steam turbulence principle, realise the maximum heat conduction and energy saving effect, and adapt fully automatic temperature control technology to ensure heating speed and heat preservation in various process stages of saccharification and gelatinisation.
2. The international advanced suspension speed control system is adopted, and the frequency conversion and self-controlled stirring method are adopted to ensure the uniform mixing of the sputum during the gelatinization and saccharification process, and the most various enzymes in the process of gelatinization and saccharification can be maximised. Good biological activity and conversion, catalytic effect, to ensure the best quality and highest yield of beer at the source.
1. The filter tank is using advanced scientific shaped cutter structure system and hydraulic automatic lifting technology to ensure smooth turning and smooth troughing, improve filtration speed and production efficiency, and maintain good transparency and juice yield of wort.
2. It adopts international advanced suspension and stirring device, combined with frequency conversion, speed regulation and automatic control technology to make the operation more convenient and flexible, simple maintenance and cost saving.
1. Apply advanced body boiling and pressurizing technology to increase boiling strength, greatly increase the evaporation effect of dimethyl sulphide, promote the polymerization of protein and other condensables, and achieve rapid separation of boiled wort and polymer.
2 Adopting the extracorporeal circulation mixing technology to accelerate the heating rate in the initial stage of the wort boiling, so that the wort maintains a uniform temperature and uniformity during the heating process, and prevents the wort soluble matter in the region caused by local overheating, thereby ensuring the denaturation phenomenon,the boiling quality of the wort.
1 According to the optimal unit storage area, the storage volume of wheat grains is designed to enlarge the diameter-to-height ratio of the tank, reduce the swirling speed, promote the sedimentation and coagulation of the coagulum, and achieve the best separation.
2 coupled with a hot coagulum storage tank, can increase the yield of wort, but also reduce environmental pollution.
Hop add system
1 The hop adding system can be composed of two or more tanks, with pumping and accessories such as pipes and valves, and can also automatically control the amount of addition.
2 Cans, valves, pipes, etc. in the hop adding system can be connected to the CIP system for automatic, semi-automatic, cleaning and disinfection.
Step 5: Filter and store beer
We recommend two kinds of beer equipment filters here, one is diatomaceous earth filter and the other is the membrane filter.
Their working process details are as follows:
1 Diatomaceous earth filter:
Because of the different structural principles, the diatomite filter is divided into a column type diatomaceous earth filter and a plate-and-frame type diatomaceous earth filter, but the use principle and operation method are basically the same, and both contain a soil mixing tank and a soil supply pump. Automatic Control System.
The operation steps of the diatomaceous earth filter include: CO2 backup, water filling, exhausting, pre-coating coarse diatomaceous earth 1-3.5mm, pre-coated mixed diatomaceous earth 400-500g/m2, pumping wine mixture 80- 300g/100L, circulation, filter wine production, pressure difference maintained at 0.02-0.04MPa/h, end, top wine, dumping, cleaning, updating diatomaceous earth
2 Membrane filter:
Membrane filter is generally a column structure, using two-machine parallel connection method, CO2 backup pressure, pumping wine, filter wine production, switching regeneration, cleaning, ensuring that each membrane filter filter column is regenerated and cleaned in time. Thereby continuous production can be achieved.
The general regeneration steps are: automatic switching, normal temperature water cleaning for 5 minutes, warm water cleaning at 70 °C for 5 minutes, 2% 70 °C warm alkaline water cleaning for 25 minutes, 90 °C hot water sterilization for 30 minutes, natural cooling for 2 minutes, Pressure, stamping, spare.
The filtered beer also requires beer storage.
Step 6: Put the beer in the bottle
It has the following parts:
1 Wash the bottle
3 Beer cover
There are of course many things that are needed in the brewing line. The above is enough for a person who has just stepped into the beer equipment brewing industry and want to understand it.
YoLong is one of the best brewing equipment manufacturer in the world. If you have any questions make sure to contact us.
Interested in learning more about Brewing Systems including additional details and pricing information? Please use the form below to contact us!