Beer making is real science. It is a big challenge for the beer makers to manage the entire brewing process. This is because the taste and the aroma of the beer depend on the level of fermentation of the wort. This is no doubt the most crucial part where you need to manage the level of heat and temperature to boil the wort. If the wort is boiled for a long time then it may lead the beer to taste bitter. The beer then goes waste and unable to use. That is why most beer manufacturers claim that beer making is a science.
There are different equipment and machinery used to make beer. These machines are for different purposes. Some are for the fermentation process and some are to boil the wort to ensure a perfect taste for the beer. But, there is no beer bottle that tastes the best when you make it at home. This is yet one of the fresh beers you drink with fresh taste and aroma. Making beer at home is actually fun. You just need some basic equipment to make a perfect beer. So what are you waiting for? Grab your utensils and follow the instructions.
Equipment needed to make beer at home:
Make sure you have all the suitable utensils and equipment to make beer. This is yet the most basic step to follow for making home-made beer. You do not have to stress of fidget if any of the utensils are missing. So this basic equipment is as follows:
- A large pot
- A plastic siphon hose
- A mixing spoon
- Sanitizer powder
- Airlock fermenter
- A bottling bucket with a spigot
As a first-timer, it’s better to get a pre-made beer kit. This kit will also contain all the ingredients for making the beer, even different flavors of it.
A perfect recipe to make a home-made beer:
- Prepare the wort
- Sanitize all your equipment. This is the first and the most important part to start with. Make sure that all the equipment is free from bacteria.
- After every utensil is sterilized start making the wort as this will turn into beer. Add 2 quarts of water and heat it at 180F, until it steams. Remove the pot from the heat and add the beer ingredients given in the beer kit.
- Keep stirring the liquid making sure that every ingredient is completely dissolved.
- Put the lid of the pot and let it sit on low heat for almost 20mins. Then pour wort into the fermenter filled with 3 gallons of water. Fermentation has begun. Now when it is cool down add yeast in it.
- Ferment it to make alcohol
- The fermentation process takes 5-10 days’ time. Make sure you keep it at a constant temperature of 65F and keep it in a dark place. When you see bubbles rising on the top. Keep the wort in the airlock bottle.
- After 5 days keep checking your beer daily. There will not be any air bubbles seen. The beer is ready to be bottled. Use a hydrometer to check the amount of alcohol. Your beer is ready.
Beer is one drink that is loved all over the world. If you are a passionate beer drinker then there is nothing more that you would like in this world than to brew a few drinks at home. Brewing beer at home can be a great experience. Sometimes all you want to do is drink beer and relax. You don’t always have to go outside to the local pub in order to get a beer when you can stay in your pajamas and brew yourself some tasty beer at home. These days you can find several machines in the market that let you brew beer at home. All you have to do is add in the ingredients and the machine would brew an amazing mug of beer for you. You can also brew it manually through traditional ways however if you are feeling a bit agitated and want to enjoy a beer without having to leave your house then you can brew the beer at home and enjoy a great beer drinking experience.